Thursday, February 09, 2006

Long Overdue Update

Sorry folks, life has been crazy for me as of late!

Many of my weekend exploits are chronicled on Dolly's blog (I'm Pretty Polly). But I've got a few of my own to share with you as well!

I know, I know, you're probably wondering about the boys. Okay, well here goes:

Classical Musician--we have had our second date scheduled, but he has postponed it twice now. Normally this would be a deal breaker, but it really seems that there are no good times for the two of us to get together, and besides, he's been plying me with offers of free theatre tix (he's currently working in the orchestra of a big Broadway show!). So, if we can ever make (and keep!) plans, I'll be happy to see him again.

Clark Kent--No, this isn't the same drunken Clark Kent I met on Halloween. This guy I met while out with Dolly and the PUAs. He looks just like Clark Kent--all tall, hot and buff, with a pair of black hipster glasses. He was hanging around, and we started talking, but one of my gal pals, Pixie, got sick, so I had to leave. Since I didn't want to leave without saying good bye, I told him that I unfortunately had to go.
Clark Kent: That's a shame...
Kristin (not wanting this opportunity to go to waste): Well, you know we could continue this again sometime.... (a way too obvious hint to ask for my #--a trick I picked up from The Game)
Clark Kent: Oh, but we've only talked for 10 minutes--we don't really know each other.
Kristin: Listen, when a girl offers you her number, I suggest you take it.
He laughed, and took my number.

The next night, we're out again, and after meeting an amazingly great 23-year-old (of course!), I get a text message.
Clark Kent: Are you out tonight?
Kristin: Yes-where r u?
Clark Kent: Max Fish
Kristin: Gatsbys on Spring
Clark Kent: Should I meet you? Spring and what
Kristin: Lafayette. Come!
Clark Kent: Ok 10 min

Sure enough, in 10 minutes he showed up, just as gorgeous as the night before. We had an amazing chat for about 2 hours, kissed a little, but by then it was getting late. He asked if he could call, I joked that maybe he didn't know me well enough yet. He laughed and told me he'd call Monday afternoon. True to his word, he did. We have a first date tonight! Fingers crossed.

British Scientist--He has returned! But that's way too much for this post. I'll update soon!

3 Comments:

At 2/10/2006 8:16 AM, Blogger AWE said...

Way to go Lois.

 
At 2/10/2006 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Kristen- you didn't just chink the armor, you took it off and threw it away! Way to go- can't wait to hear the rest of the stories.

 
At 2/11/2006 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prospects! Prospects! FUN!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home