Monday, January 16, 2006

I'm So Jaded....

So, I haven't been dating much, so there hasn't been much for me to write about. I'm not doing the online dating thing anymore, at least for the time being, and yet I've had 3 guys start corresponding with me on friendster. (Friendster?? Who meets people on friendster?) But part of me can't muster up the energy to actually agree to plans with them--I mean really, what's the point. I'm too sure it'll all end up badly anyway, so it's difficult to get excited. And last night, went out, met a cute (super cute!) boy. We exchanged emails (I concocted some excuse to give mine and get his...) but this morning I could barely remember that I met him, let alone how cute he is. I suppose I should email (he's only lived in New York a few months--he's not spoiled yet!!!!), but, I just feel, again, like it's pointless. I don't know, I'm just not feeling into it right now, after all the dates that don't work out.

I was talking to the Founding Member of this theatre company I work with, and he was telling me how he is, perhaps, the most unlucky in love of us all. (He should start a blog! I'm sure it would be quite popular. Heh.) He's so quiet and unassuming, I think the ladies forget about him. And he doesn't flirt at all. But he's not bad looking, and super smart. He was complaining to me how hard it is, since he doesn't get any attention. And I totally agree, that sucks. But it's almost as bad to have the constant highs and lows that I have--I mean, my pattern is 1. Meet Someone, 2. Get Excited, 3. They disappear. And after a while it just gets to be too much. I just don't feel like I have the emotional strength right now to get excited, just to be sad and disappointed soon thereafter.

13 Comments:

At 1/16/2006 2:04 PM, Blogger Dolly said...

Nononononono, YOU CAN'T GET JADED! Take a boy break if you need to, but please don't give up! And at least email the cute guy from last night, it sounds like he has more potential than the friendster dudes (btw, did you kiss him?).

 
At 1/16/2006 2:08 PM, Blogger . said...

No, no kiss. The right moment didn't happen. But I think he was disappointed about it. ;)

 
At 1/16/2006 2:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I know exactly how you feel. It seems everytime I like one, they start to go all crazy on me. And of course the ones I don't want, contact me on a daily basis. I'm starting to think I've become too jaded for dating period.

 
At 1/16/2006 2:48 PM, Blogger sethro said...

I agree with Dolly. Take a break for a bit. Hang out with the chickies, concentrate on your acting, and don't worry about dating. Just don't force it.

 
At 1/16/2006 3:36 PM, Blogger ACG said...

My friend just got engaged to the girl he met thru friendster.
Another friend has been with his girlfriend he met thru friendster for 2+ years.

 
At 1/16/2006 11:15 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

Sweetie, you and I are on a very similar wavelength. Sometimes I think the only thing more exhausting and spirit-breaking than dating itself is constantly hypering yourself into a hopeful, positive frame of mind. I know certain others will probably emphatically disagree with me, but I personally think it's a cycle - you need some time for your own personal pendulum to swing back to 'disgusted' before it can fly back over to 'cautiously optimistic' on its way to 'hopeful.' Leave yourself some time to be jaded. It's healthy. Just as long as it's not permanent, I think you're fine.

 
At 1/17/2006 12:01 AM, Blogger Damn It Anyway said...

Glad to see Your putting your thoughts down again...missed ya.

 
At 1/17/2006 7:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you are putting too much emphasis on dating, and not enough on other aspects of your life. You are so young- dating should be a fun supplement to your life and a way to meet new people for you right now. If one of those encounters ends up being serious, then fantastic. You aren't the only one that does this- alot of posts from people that write in seem to make dating so important and central to life, that they hang their hopes on every little encounter that comes along- and end up so dissapointed. That being said, I was getting excited for you after your previous post- I thought you might be 'taking off' with BS again! Don't worry Kristen, hang in there- the guy for you is out there, and you will find him when you least expect it, I'm sure. Good luck and don't fret.

 
At 1/17/2006 9:47 AM, Blogger AWE said...

Hey, I didn't have to be the serious one this time, the anonymous post did it for me.

Don't give up!

You have been missed.

 
At 1/17/2006 9:49 AM, Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

You said, "...I haven't been dating much, so there hasn't been much for me to write about..."

Okay, I'm going to agree with a few of the other comment-leavers here ... don't focus on the dating stuff. It's really easy to get jaded and dissappointed by it all. Focus on (and write about) other aspects in your life for the time being.

 
At 1/17/2006 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi...Bo Turbo here.
No one said dating or finding a quality date is easy. I have a blog that will give you a little insight into dating. Our focus is coffeeshops etc. Check it out www.thechagringuy.com. Tah tah.

 
At 1/19/2006 12:36 PM, Blogger Crazy Girl City said...

Eh sometimes a dating break is much needed. I think I went a good 2 years with nothing but a casual date here and there. I just couldn't get into it.

 
At 1/22/2006 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only 18 year olds date on Friendster.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home