Monday, January 30, 2006

Cut to the Chase

Can I just say how nice and refreshing it is to get a straightforward email for once? The Classical Musician's original request to meet up read (in total):

I saw your profile randomly and loved it. Would you be up for getting a drink sometime?

Clear and to the point. I can't even tell you how much I hate the online dating thing where you send 5 emails back and forth, talk on the phone twice, and THEN decide to make plans to meet up. I mean really, what's the point? If you meet up and the person is not attractive to you, you're not attractive to them, one of you says something stupid, etc., etc., well, then why bother with all the chit chat? I really don't care how many sisters you have, or your hopes and dreams, or what you're looking for in a relationship until we've established that there's a minimal mutual attraction there. Personally, I'd just meet up for a drink and get that over with. Saves a lot of time and bother.

So, last night the Classical Musician and I established that. And I've already heard from him. He sent me the following message today:

Thanks for meeting up :) Do you have any time for me this week ? :)

What a relief to get an email without any pussyfooting around. Poor Dolly is in guy-limbo hell. I say: cut to the chase! If the guy is calling or emailing, um, I'm guessing he's interested. Otherwise you would a) not be hearing from him or b) getting the "I really liked you but.." speech. So what's with the hour-long phone calls, the tentative emails? Dude, ask me out already.

Thanks, Classical Musician. :)

8 Comments:

At 1/31/2006 2:18 AM, Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

Yay!!! Glad to hear that it's going well with the musician.

 
At 1/31/2006 8:34 AM, Blogger AWE said...

That's a good sign. This one sounds like a "Keeper".

 
At 1/31/2006 10:24 AM, Blogger . said...

Well, we'll see. If I've learned anything over the last few months, it's that someone can SEEM perfect, just to disappoint you a few days later...

 
At 1/31/2006 4:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was dating online - I hated all the preliminary stuff too. Cut to the chase. Grab a coffee. Check the spark. I'm right there with you.
Glad you guys had a good date!

 
At 2/01/2006 11:54 AM, Blogger sethro said...

Bravo. Mosttimes, the preliminary stuff just serves to set higher than normal expectations.

Good luck with this one, Kristin!

 
At 2/01/2006 12:23 PM, Blogger . said...

Sethro, you're so right. Nothing worse than 3 phone calls where you think you've met a perfect match, and you show up, and no sparks, no attraction at all.

 
At 2/01/2006 2:39 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Guts and no games...(SIGH!) If only they could all live and learn...Think of how much easier our lives would be!

 
At 2/10/2006 11:25 AM, Blogger EMS said...

Just discovered this blog. Awesome post! I feel EXACTLY the same way. Online dating can be so cumbersome as it is, with countless hours spent catalog searching. Who needs to email back and forth, and talk on the phone. Anyone with guts and glory will come out from behind their protective monitors.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home