Monday, January 30, 2006

Kristin Ventures Out into the Dating Scene Again....

So, last night I went on my first date since the Set-Up date (he never called, of course, no shocker there). This was with the friendster guy who kept suggesting bizzaro times to meet. Last night was no exception--we met up at 9pm on a Sunday.

Well, it turns out he's a classical musician, which is why his schedule is so bizzare. Okay, makes sense. And he gets a point for being a musician--we laughed about all the dates with non-artistic types we've had who just don't get it, i.e.:
Guy: Um, so what's the goal to be on Broadway?
K: I'm actually just really happy doing what I'm doing right now.
Guy: Yeah, but what's the goal? TV, movies?
K: I feel like I've already achieved "the goal"--I'm part of a theatre company whose work I'm proud of, I've been cast non-stop in projects for the last six months without auditioning at all, and I'm currently in a conservatory program, improving my craft and growing as an artist. I'm very satisfied.
Guy: But what if you never make it?
(Kristin hits head against wall)

So, it was nice to meet someone that I not only did NOT have to have that conversation with, but who's had his share of trying to explain the same thing to others. He's also very smart, and 6'2", and has to be good at what he does--the guy went to Julliard! So, he's doing VERY well on the checklist.

We had a great time--he was very gentlemanly, insisted on paying for everything, etc. NY shuts down, though, on Sunday nights, so we got kicked out of the bar we were at, and realized NOTHING ELSE was open--at least not by Lincoln Center. So we ended up making out at the Lincoln Center fountain, which was sooooooo sweet! I'm a Lincoln Center junkie, as is he, so it seemed very appropriate.

It was so nice to have a GOOD first date--I haven't had one of those in a while, not since... uh... oh no, Karaoke Boy, in October!

I have a feeling I'll be hearing from this one again. Fingers crossed!

4 Comments:

At 1/30/2006 5:02 PM, Blogger t said...

I hadn't cruised by the K-girl Opera in a while...You're always a pleasure to take in and given your style, the reader can't help but have empathy for you.

New love or lust, as you know all too well, is so exciting. I hope you extract some joy from your fumblings with the friendster guy. We're rooting for you.

 
At 1/30/2006 5:08 PM, Blogger . said...

Awh, thanks Brad!

 
At 1/31/2006 8:38 AM, Blogger AWE said...

Glad you had a good time.

I couldn't believe the way things closed in NY the last time I was there on a Sunday. I am sure I could have found some places open, but it just shocked me because I thought the city never slept.

 
At 1/31/2006 10:21 AM, Blogger . said...

Yeah, it's unbelievable. ROME is really the city that never sleeps. Literally!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home