Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Got My Halloween Flirt On...

Okay, well, even though I would rather have been partying hard with my masters gals, Cyn and Kim, I understand they have priorities that are not getting drunk and meeting boys.

But my priority is still getting drunk and meeting boys. (Am I too old for this? Probably, once I'm no longer single. But in the meantime....)

And I'm happy to report I did get my Halloween flirt on. Not too many people were at this costume party, but all were friendly and I had a great time. Some wasted fellow dressed as Clark Kent repeatedly accosted me. Gave me his card, told me I was too beautiful to wear a mask (part of my costume), and on and on. The funniest part was hearing him saying the same things, word for word, to another young lady just behind me at the bar. Once Clark gave me his #, I thought I was safe from his advances, but about an hour later, he approached me again. A friend of mine noticed, and tried to pull me away, but he wouldn't stop following us until I told him we were having an "emergency" and retreated to the ladies bathroom. Then, each time he came near, I became VERY friendly with whatever gentleman I was conversing with. Two gentleman in particular seemed particulary effective at keeping Clark at bay (they were both ~ 6'3" and 225). At one point, neither of the big guys were around, so I became quite friendly with a fellow dressed as Zorro (yes, I filled him in on the particulars) and apparently, while I was getting friendly with Zorro, Clark asked my friend "Am I not as good looking as Zorro?" How pathetic.

One of the 6'3" guys seemed particularly interested in "protecting" me. He was dressed as PT Barnum and came around to talk quite a few times. When I was leaving the bar, Clark was outside (puking?) and PT Barnum was smoking. I grabbed onto him "Hey, you!" and made him walk me down the street to escape from Clark, at which point he asked for my #. Yippee! He's 5-6 points on the checklist, too! So even if I never hear from Karaoke boy again (oh, I have to send him those pics tomorrow...) I have some hope. I think I like this guy better... well, I barely know him. But so far... (and if he calls, ever...). Fingers crossed!

I think I'm finding I like the NON-online dating thing much better than the online dating thing. Whatdya think?

9 Comments:

At 11/01/2005 6:43 AM, Blogger sethro said...

I seem to have about equal luck between the online thing, and the real thing. Bar pick-ups never seem to work out for very long, but they're usually fun. That said, your, I have some hope. I think I like this guy better... line is all too reminisce. Since I suffer from the same disease, I've named it ADHD Dating™.

 
At 11/01/2005 7:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think every few days you say the same thing about some guy, and then less then a week later you're moaning about how they let you down... this cycle keeps repeating and repeating and repeating..........

 
At 11/01/2005 11:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

See?!? Isn't it much better in person? You actually get to see, hear, feel what the person is like.

 
At 11/01/2005 11:34 AM, Blogger . said...

Yeah, jon, it is totally a viscious cycle. I don't know what to do about it, though, I mean really, can I really control all the freaks here? I think they all just want to get laid, and when I don't put out they disappear. But sleeping with them only postpones their eventual departure anyway...

 
At 11/01/2005 5:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, Kristin, you're dead on there. Sure, it'd be nice if you could have a radar to tell when someone actually wants a relationship vs. getting laid, but they just don't exist! The problem is, when you get hurt you still have to put your trust in a new person all over again. It gets frustrating. Sounds corny, but if you keep believing you're a good person who is looking for someone special, trust me, you'll find it. And from reading your blog for the past couple months, I can tell it'll happen for you...

 
At 11/02/2005 8:25 AM, Blogger Damn It Anyway said...

I'll bed you'd find that many guys are looking to both get laid and have a relationship. It just depends on the girl or the mood they're in.

 
At 11/02/2005 12:57 PM, Blogger Johnny said...

hi kristin.

all us good men are hiding from you.

i mean i just got an email right now...

"its kristin! HIDE!!!"

 
At 11/02/2005 2:59 PM, Blogger . said...

Oh! Thanks, Johnny. That explains it!

I guess I'm going to have to play hide and seek now....

;)

--and thanks, Jon, for the kind words. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, and trying not to get bitter...

 
At 11/12/2005 2:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess the value of dating really centers around what you hope to get out of it, ie, is it enough to just find Mr Kinda Right or do you need to be with Mr Truly Right ?

Ive found over the years that dating total strangers nearly always is a waste of time... since I dont know their:

occupation (I once dated a Corrections Officer, whoops dont quite need to be corrected yet)

criminal background (yep, dated one who admitted to having a class B felony)

drug use/history (didnt know what a speedball was until I met her)

addictions (she lit up a cig right after dinner, nice !)

religious background - (pardon me but I will read your book if and when Im *ever* ready.... no proselytizing needed here on our date please)

the list goes on...


At least with online dating, it gives you a chance to just *eliminate* those who cannot possibly be on your radar... its good to know the basics. Hey, there's never any guarantee of chemistry but at least if you do find any... it wont be with somebody who is off the must have list.

cheers (Kim Im lusting after your avatar)

-niteboater

 

Post a Comment

<< Home