Friday, February 17, 2006

The Clark Kent Story

Okay, I know I've been remiss on posting about Clark Kent, so here are all the details:

We Meet.

First Date: Last Thursday (a week ago today), we meet up by Union Square. His reasoning? Let's have one night we don't spend on the LES--A good idea, I think. However, we had both forgotten the throngs of NYU students that crowd every local bar on Thursdays (I should have known better, I mean, I went to NYU!!). But we fought the crowds and ended up at this really cool bar, where we ended up talking and making out till the wee hours. Before we said goodbye, he asked if we could get together Saturday--and I agreed.

Second Date: Saturday night. Again, a bar crawl on the LES. Went to a cool place I'd never heard of, and ended up at "the place we met" (his suggestion). How cute is that? We closed off the night at his fav watering hole, where he introduced me to all his friends there (good sign!!). It was pouring down snow at this point, so there were no cabs, so we kissed goodbye in the subway station. It was a lot of fun, but--and I've never had this happen before--he criticized my kissing style!!! He was questioning the fact that I wasn't grabbing him, that my hands were staying to myself. I told him I didn't really know him that well, so I didn't really feel comfortable being so aggressive... which is true. However it made all our kissing attempts after this very very awkward--we were both waaaaaay too conscious of everything.

This week: He called to invite me to a discussion group he's a member of, on Wednesday. (Good sign, again, meeting his friends??) However it seems the meeting is NEXT Wednesday, so he ended up canceling. No word from him since--I hope he's not doing the fade, but it's quite possible... It always seems to happen at/near the 3rd date for me....

So that's the story. Obviously we didn't hang out on Vday--and he didn't mention it (nor did I). Though I can't really blame him, I mean, clearly it's too soon for that stuff. Though I talked to Jersey Shore Boy, and apparently he had a very nice 1st date(!) on Vday. Too much pressure, I say...

3 Comments:

At 2/17/2006 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But wait- you DID make it past the 3rd date- wasn't it with the British Scientist? You've been on quite a few dates with him, right?

 
At 2/17/2006 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't get pessimistic just yet - there's still plenty of time for him to contact you about next week.

 
At 2/17/2006 12:13 PM, Blogger . said...

Hey Anon,

Good memory. Yep, I've now been on 3 dates, twice, with the Brit. I think since we didn't see each other for so long he has to start over. So I'm expecting him to disappear any minute now too....

Thanks Stim!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home