Saturday, February 11, 2006

So Much for the Classical Musician...

So, it has been beyond difficult to make plans with the Classical Musician. We've had a date 2 scheduled twice, but it has been postponed twice. We're both to the point where it seems we'll only be able to make same day plans.

Thursday night I have my date with Clark Kent (more on that later). The Classical Musician texts me, asking if we could meet up that night, at 10:30. I tell him I have plans. He replies "pretty please" and I tell him I'll text him if I get out early (I did not).

So Friday night, I text him.

Kristin: What about tonight?
CM: Are you up for hanging out at my place? I will have been gone all day.
Uh. Okay. I've been on one drinks date with this guy. I hardly know him. Not the time to be going up to his apartment. Sooo, I decide to ignore this request.
K: I'll be in the meatpacking dist... Wanna meet there?
CM: Oh you have plans?
K: For dinner. When are you free?
CM: At 10:30. Probably not be up for going down there got suit with instrument i assume you are not interested coming over
Wow, what a brilliant deduction! I reply: Ah. I didn't think of that. I don't want you to get the wrong idea....
He responds with: ? (what is that?!?)
A pause, then:
Well let me know i understand if you rather not
I'm a little unsure as to what to say (and I'm at dinner with Sarah & Kim & Luis, so I'm trying to enjoy my dinner) and I get: Cat got your tongue?
I reply: Can we meet for drinks?
CM: I would like to but i need to get back and walk my dog so it would have to be just one sorry just had a long day
Kris: Oh well....

I haven't heard from him since. What's the deal, if I don't want to sleep with him he doesn't want to date me? Nice. And typical. Having large breasts seems to attract that kind of guy. This exchange on its own wouldn't be enough to eliminate him, but the wired rescheduling thing doesn't seem to help either. I don't think I'll be hearing from him again, somehow.

But, instead I stayed out with Kim and Sarah (been a long time since we've done that!) and had a blast. Seriously, the French-Brazilian place we found was amazing. Much better than going home with some random guy!

2 Comments:

At 2/11/2006 5:13 PM, Blogger Dolly said...

I wonder if that's his MO. Sounds suspiciously like my experience...

 
At 4/29/2013 12:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only same-day date? At his place, exclusively? No planning possible? And nothing beyond coziness & "sleepovers"? ...!

Sounds like we met/dated the same CM :D

It's nothing but an illusion- even if he is more than sweet when you actually DO decide to meet him...at his place. So DON'T. Except you crave for a few nice dates & a scratched heart for nothing - and in between, looooooooong days, weeks and even months of waiting and hearing nothing...

(Admitted, I still could not resist...had some feelings BEFORE I knew. But using your time & love well looks different!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home