Sunday, February 12, 2006

Snow Day....

Every BF I've ever had has been totally annoyed by my fascination with snow. They're all east coasters, and couldn't understand how a few snowflakes would get me so excited. I'm sorry, but that's what happens when you see snow, like, NEVER, once every 5 years if you're lucky. That's Cali for ya.So, when the British Scientist text messaged, asking me if I wanted to go play in the snow with him, how could I resist?

The British Scientist, you ask? The same British Scientist who disappeared nearly 5 months ago? Yes, indeed. After my "Happy New Year" text message trick, we started text messaging again, and met up for drinks last week, and a Sunday museum/tea date last week. He's now right back in The Rotation.

So we met up, in the nearly 3 feet of snow in Central Park. So much Fun!!!!! We ended up getting into a knock-down drag out in the middle of Bethesda Fountain. The park was gorgeous today. Everyone was out and in a great mood. Everyone was sledding, skiing, making snowmen, you name it. I couldn't help but think that this is what the planners of Central Park envisioned so many years ago.

I dunno, I'm still quite enamored of Clark Kent (I'll fill you in soon, I swear), but this was a super fun way to spend a snowy Sunday....

8 Comments:

At 2/13/2006 1:50 AM, Blogger charming, but single said...

Ah, you Yankees and your seasons!

I'm slightly jealous of the snow. I think a snow date would be fun. I'll have to remember to have one if it ever snows down in my parts ... ;P

 
At 2/13/2006 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun Kristen- odd that he suddenly reappeared though, after so much time had passed. I wonder what happened to him before?
Good luck with Clark, he must be quite sexy! I find that the hot ones always end up cheating on me down the road, though. Better off with dorky cute!!

 
At 2/13/2006 10:29 AM, Blogger AWE said...

I don't get on the computer for a weekend and you put up 2 posts. I am slacking. I am glad you had a good time this weekend, you have been needing it.

 
At 2/13/2006 8:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear girl,

Why are you letting this British guy string you along? He disappeared on you, then you let him back in your life whenever he wishes. This is not a good path to go down. Invest your time in a guy who doesn't do the fade. never let a guy ditch you more than once.

 
At 2/14/2006 12:46 AM, Blogger NotMiranda said...

Very sweet. Snow and rain make me a little frisky. : )

 
At 2/14/2006 3:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Snow.. god damn, haven't seen snow in as long as I havent seen a weasel push a wheelbarrow.. maybe not that long, snow I think was about 20 years ago, so I sure would be excited to see some.. maybe in Japan..

Don't turn away from the snow,
in the summer it help water flow..
It's cold if you go outside wet,
and it'll be on your head if you don't wear a hat..

dammit, a rhyme gone bad.. now I shall confine myself to regulatory duties for the department of crimes to poetry.

 
At 2/14/2006 3:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, guys dissapear all the time.. I guess theres reasons for that:
1.) We simply have something else to do, maybe we went on a holiday or had an illness? or just got caught up with work?
2.) We are afraid that seeing you too often might give you the wrong idea, we turn around and suddenly we're in a commited relationship.
3.) Our priorities changed, we were simply too absorbed in fixing our car/learning an instrument to notice there was a life outside of that.
4.) Alien abduction
5.) We were smitten by a woman who we mistakingly thought was perfect, devoted all our time to her only to have her turn around and leave/exhibit some sudden unforgivable fault such as hating our pet dog.

 
At 2/17/2006 12:15 PM, Blogger . said...

Dear anon #2:

I don't think he's really stringing me along--we've hung out 3 times since he's reappeared, have done nothing more than kiss, and I'm expecting zip from him. We have a good time together, but I don't think he's the one. But since I have fun with him, I figure why not? Who else was going to play with me in the snow?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home