Friday, February 17, 2006

Bad Polly

Okay, Dolly insisted I put up this story immediately, so here goes:

It's Saturday night. 3AM. Blizzard. I just ended my very nice date with Clark Kent, and am waiting to transfer trains in the West 4th subway station. I see a semi-cute tall guy, that appears to be about my age. I smile. He smiles back. We position ourselves near each other. The train comes. He sits next to me on the train, smiles.
"Did you have trouble getting a cab too?"
"Oh were you on the LES?"

"East Village."
"No cabs there either, huh?"
"Nope. I'm <> by the way."
"Kristin."
"Well, nice meeting you Kristin. Where are you headed?"
I tell him my stop.
"Oh, I live at 14th and 8th. Oh, this is my stop! I wish we could chat more.... that is, unless you want to get a nightcap with me?"
My inital reaction was to say no, but then I thought of the Year of Yes, and figured what the hey. This could be The One. So, we get off the train at 14th Street and crawl through the snow to grab one last drink. He paid. We had a nice chat about music (he works in the music industry), the bar closed, I played in the snow with him for a bit, headed to the subway. He pushed for me to go home with him, of course, but I demurred. We exchanged numbers, but not saliva. He called.

I don't know if I should call him back--I don't get the feeling he's the One... oh, but I should give him a chance, right?

How funny is that?!? It's all about the smile, and good positioning....

9 Comments:

At 2/17/2006 12:54 PM, Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

14th & 8th!!! I love that area. It's right at the intersection of the Meat Packing District, West Village and Chelsea. Where did you go for drinks?

 
At 2/17/2006 1:01 PM, Blogger . said...

Art Bar, of course!

 
At 2/17/2006 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait a minute- you meet him at 3am, he has a drink with you, and propositions you to go HOME with him?! He sounds like a creep to me. I wonder how many other girls he's done that with?! Where are all the gentleman these days, I tell ya!

 
At 2/17/2006 4:48 PM, Blogger Fly Girl said...

Even if he isn't "the one" he may know someone who is. Return the call -- that's just good manners. And go out with him again -- that's just good sense.

 
At 2/17/2006 5:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think I would worry about good manners with this one. Call me old-fashioned, but I like to know someone first before I go home with them- he could have been an axe murderer for all you know! I think Kristen was smart to say no to him. Give him your number again- fine. See him again in the future- great. Go home with him anytime soon? A REAL bad idea, but just my opinion, of course:)

 
At 2/17/2006 5:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fun blog! Keep it up, it's good stuff.

 
At 2/21/2006 4:58 AM, Blogger NewYorkMoments said...

So, did you call or not? I'm DYING to know!

 
At 2/27/2006 9:49 AM, Blogger Psyneh said...

It doesn't nesecarry mean that he JUST wants sex, but its defenitly something he wants.. trust me.. im a guy (;

www.psyneh-seduction.blogspot.com

 
At 3/01/2006 7:52 AM, Blogger James said...

Hmm, romance on the Subway? My parents met on the London Underground, so it can work sometimes!

There has also been interesting discussion of the same on http://london-underground.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home