Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Another One Bites the Dust

....so, it appears that my short lived romance with Clark Kent will remain that: short-lived. After he cancelled our Wednesday Political Discussion Group date, I haven't heard from him, other than a 12:30 am Saturday night text message, asking if I was out. I was not, and replied to that effect. If, as he said, the discussion group was tomorrow, surely I would have heard from him by now, to reconfirm? Ah well, I have plans with Dolly tomorrow anyway.

I always wonder what happened with these things. How someone goes from the insistent "I'm gonna call" to nothing at all. I have only one theory, and it's a bit far-fetched. When I did a friendster search on dear Clark Kent, it turned out we were connected--through The Prospect(!!!!). Of course, now that friendster shows you who's been looking at your profile, he caught me, and asked how I knew The Prospect. I told him that we had dated, once upon a time. Apparently Clark had sent an email to The Prospect asking about me. He told me this on Saturday. I wonder if The Prospect responded? I wonder what he said? I have a feeling The Prospect knows about this blog--did he share this information with Clark Kent himself? I suppose I'll never know. Most likely he didn't respond, or his response was innocuous. I told you my theory was far-fetched.

Anyone hear anything about chemistry.com? I read an article about it in The Atlantic, and now I'm intrigued. Maybe I'll check that out, to get some new prospects?

In other news, the British Scientist is hanging on--we have another date scheduled for Thursday (tentatively). And I've exchanged some text messages with the 3AM Subway Guy, so that might pan into something. Back in the game....

5 Comments:

At 2/21/2006 10:03 PM, Blogger Dolly said...

I can't read the full article. What is the gist of it? I'm so intrigued by that site! (Though it would probably be best for me to stay away for the time being.)

Screw Clark Kent and his boring political discussion. We are going to have a zillion times more fun tomorrow anyway.

 
At 2/21/2006 11:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great blog ... too bad about clark kent. give the subway guy a call-back before its too late.

 
At 2/22/2006 2:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too bad about Clark. Who knows? Maybe he will turn up again when you least expect it- just like the scientist.
At any rate- have fun with the British Scientist, even though you don't seem to be that keen on him- at least he will keep you busy until something better comes along! Hang in there Kristen!

 
At 2/22/2006 9:26 PM, Blogger The Team said...

In that Atlantic -- did you see that list of niche dating sites? I swear I'm not making this up:

A Private Affair (www.philanderers.com)
"Discreet extramarital personal Ads for discriminating men & woman seeking an Extramarital Afiar"

CowboyCowgirl
(www.cowboycowgirl.com)
"Join thousands of singles that share your love for the country way of life."

Good Genes
(www.goodgenes.com)
"[Helping] Ivy Leaguers and similarly well-educated graducates and faculty find others with matching credientials"

 
At 2/23/2006 12:43 AM, Blogger . said...

I did.... crazy huh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home