Monday, October 24, 2005

Phew!

So, last night, Karaoke Boy called. Phew! We now have plans for a dinner date Saturday (the only night I'm semi-free)--which is, of course the big Halloween night out! He'll be in costume (as Napoleon Dynamite) so the pressure's on for me to have some sort of costume... So, my new roommate, Madeline (who replaced Hottie Roommate), helped me go through all my stuff and pick something out. I'm going to wear my prom dress and a mask I got at Mardi Gras 2 years ago and just be a masquerade girl -- it's a very elegant and pretty outfit. So that should be fun. From there, I think we might split up, and I'll head to a Halloween party in Brooklyn (turns out I only have matinees on Saturday and no evening show, so that should work) or, if things are going well, maybe I'll meet up with his friends, depending...

Also, I just heard from Footlong(Tennis Boy). What? After he left my party and I didn't hear from him, I assumed everything was over. But I just got the following email:
Hi Kristin, How did the rest of your party go last weekend? Sorry about leaving early, but I was exhausted and you seemed very drunk, so I figured it would be best if I headed home. Not much is new on my end. Work is blah as usual. Had a pretty uneventful weekend as I was feeling a little under the weather with a cold. I saw that movie "Two For the Money." Pretty good I must say. My parents are heading into town this weekend for the Breeder's Cup. Should be fun; they've never seen my place. What have you been up to?

I seriously thought I'd never hear from him again. Strange. He doesn't have the BF potential of Karaoke Boy, but is still sweet (and I would like to get another look at his hot body...). Hrm. What to do?

Strange fact: Karaoke Boy and Footlong have the same name--though thankfully they go by different nicknames. It still cracks me up, though, as they are the only boys I am dating now. Ha!

9 Comments:

At 10/24/2005 6:26 PM, Blogger My Mouth said...

On our site, we've got testicles a-plenty.

 
At 10/24/2005 7:28 PM, Blogger sethro said...

Firstly, I'll just say congrats on Karaoke Boy calling. I, um, sympathize ;) Secondly, if Tennis Boy doesn't have the BF potential, why bother? The body? The sex? You did say this, Something about this guy makes me not want to date anyone else, not even for the sake of the rotation. Just a thought...

 
At 10/25/2005 1:28 AM, Blogger . said...

Oooh, but I don't want to say goodbye to Tennis Boy's hot chest until I absolutely have to! And we're not really dating--and we're not having sex...

Besides, Karaoke Boy is still on match.com on a daily basis. And I've hidden my profile, so it can't be because he's showing people what I look like...

 
At 10/25/2005 4:20 PM, Blogger sethro said...

Haha...keep the hot chest as long as you can, Kristin. God knows I've held onto women longer that I should have because of a certain body part ;)

So did you just take your profile off? Does Karaoke Boy know you took your profile down?

And I'm gonna have to agree with The Deal on one thing. You will make a guy's day if he receives that phone call (or email, or whatever). Honestly, my dating life is so much simpler since I ditched all The Rules.

 
At 10/25/2005 10:24 PM, Blogger Monique Rielle said...

I dated two boys at the same time that had the same first name and middle name...it kinda creeped me out!

 
At 10/26/2005 12:04 AM, Blogger . said...

Hi deal,

I couldn't agree with you more, except that, well, calling guys has never EVER worked out for me, unless we were BF/GF. If a guy likes me, he'll call. If he doesn't, he won't.

Every time I call a guy, it ends up with him not picking up, me leaving an awkward message, and I never hear from him again. It's a pattern, in my life anyway. So, call it a Pavlovian response, but I've learned that for me to call a guy in the early stages (except to call him back) almost ALWAYS results in no more boy for Kristin. Seriously.

 
At 10/26/2005 12:06 AM, Blogger . said...

Oh and sethro, yes, I took my profile down (mostly because my subscription has expired). I'm not sure if Karaoke Boy is aware of this, but I'm pretty sure he, like most people, checks the other person's match.com profile at least once in a while. So he's probably seen the "This user has hidden their profile" message. I'd be willing to bet on it. It's still early, though, I wouldn't expect him to take it down just yet.

 
At 10/26/2005 4:05 AM, Blogger . said...

Deal, dude, you're just some new guy. If she ditched you for her Mom, no biggie. Maybe her mom is the "if you don't see me I'll freak out" type. So don't get pissed at that.

If she is inviting you to her house for a party, that is a SUPER good sign. That means she either:
1) Has no other boys
or
2) Likes you the best of the boys she has
or
3) She's really friggin stupid (like me) and inviting all her boys.

I'm guessing it's probably #1 or #2. I'm the only girl I know stupid enough to invite a boy to a party where I will want to flirt with other boys. (However, I really didn't care too much if Tennis Boy/Footlong disappeared. So maybe I'm not THAT stupid...)

 
At 10/26/2005 1:30 PM, Blogger . said...

Well, Charlie, it didn't exactly go down like that. I invited my entire acting class -- only Mojito Man showed up. MacB and I are actually pretty good friends, now that I can laugh about the whole situation. And Footlong/Tennis Boy? (I'm trying to rename him) Well, since he is a friend of a friend, there was really no way to have the party without him finding out about it. Sooo....

But still. I don't think sometimes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home