Sunday, October 16, 2005

Birthday Fun Fun.

Okay, so….. my birthday this year ……. pretty much sucked. We had a party, as usual, and tons of people came, but … somehow it never gelled to critical party mode. Kim was sick, which was a bummer, because somehow she totally has this power to control the tempo of the party (Luis was joking about this with me) so it was a pretty chill time. (Feel better Kim!) Footlong and MacB were both there, (obviously MacB is no longer a contender for my affections) and the boy with the Mojito mix from my acting class showed up too. Footlong was acting kinda weird. I think he knew I was semi-flirting with Mojito Boy, but I dunno, it seemed like he wanted me to act like he was my boyfriend, even though he calls me like once every two weeks, and does not treat me in any way a boyfriend should. But I was talking to MacB and I guess he felt dismissed and left. So no bday sex for me.

Then Mojito Boy and I were flirting, and everything was going fine, until he asked for Sarah’s phone number. What’s up with that?!?! I swear, every boy who I’m ever interested in ends up kissing/flirting/going out with Sarah (including, yes, the Poet). (And she’s back with the Hated Ex, now, so she’s not even single!) So I got pretty upset pretty fast. And then MacB left, too, so I ended up all alone, and cried myself to sleep (I feel so rejected). Fun huh?

I don’t think I’ve ever had such a shitty birthday in my life. Well, my 8th birthday was my grandmother’s funeral, so that was pretty bad too, but at least I didn’t cry myself to sleep, So I think this wins the prize for Worst. Birthday. Ever. At least this is only one bad one in a while, not a string of bad ones....

Go me.

4 Comments:

At 10/17/2005 7:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This wasn't a great year for birthdays all around it seems. Maybe next year will be better..

- "The Prospect"

 
At 10/17/2005 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry about your crappy birthday. Sometimes we go into these things w/ prom night anticipation only to be left feeling disappointed and hugging a cold pillow in bed that night. So sorry you had a bad night, but happy birthday anyway!

 
At 10/17/2005 12:06 PM, Blogger . said...

Ug. Don't remind me--my Prom Night wasn't much better.

But I do have a stack of cards and presents, and the best friends in the world, so I can't be too upset. There's always next year...

Somehow, birthdays are easier when you have a special someone around, I think. At least you don't have to worry about being alone at the end of the night...

 
At 10/17/2005 7:44 PM, Blogger sethro said...

Don't fret, Kristin. Pretty soon, birthday's become just another day. Still, I think you're right...always better to have someone around. Birthday kisses are grand. Birthday sex, even better. Here's to next year...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home