Saturday, January 07, 2006

Text Messaging is Fun and Funny

So the holidays are over. But over the course of them, I received a boatload of text messages, sent from people clearly to everyone in their phone. "Happy Thanksgiving!" "Merry Xmas!" "Happy New Year!" Most were from friends of mine, but I did receive a couple from random boys that had my number for some odd reason or another, which was slightly amusing. So I decided to send out a New Year's message of my own. And I got two very interesting responses.

The first was from British Scientist (remember him?). He responded right away, and we had the following exchange (over the last week):

K: Happy 2006!
BS: You too! How are you??
K: Good! did you have a happy new years?
BS: Great, my family is here, was great to see them-you?
K: Ooh fun! just partied with friends-we had a blast.
BS: Sounds good! how are things otherwise?
K: good- my new show opens soon! u?
BS: Good too, over worked, but good-whats the show about?
K: Its pretty cool - its about neurological disorders.
BS: Are you still on match, or did you get lucky?!

That was last night. I haven't responded yet, but will probably let him know I'm not on match, nor am I lucky. I wonder if he wants to get together again. I wonder what happened to him the first time. I wonder if I should.

The second text message was way more humorous. Karaoke Boy is still in my phone as well (I wait as long as possible to delete numbers--I want to know if they're calling so I can screen appropriately). So when he got my text message, he responded, 2 days later with this:

Happy New Year 2 u 2... um, who is this?

I haven't responded. But I think it's hysterical. He deleted me! Two months earlier (Oct 31) I was hanging out with him, and he already deleted me. Gee, tell me how you really feel. Ha!

5 Comments:

At 1/07/2006 7:27 PM, Blogger NotCarrie said...

Love texting.

 
At 1/08/2006 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually delete numbers relatively quickly too. If I do not see things going anywhere, then why hold on to the number?

 
At 1/12/2006 12:49 PM, Blogger The Team said...

Texting is fun at first, and completely welcome by friends to drop a quick line, hello or meeting location. However, I think sometimes the impersonal and non-committal nature of it can get irritating...it's become a new cat and mouse game of dating, which I personally hate.

I mean, I've met some people who actually think texting is a good substitute for a real conversation...clearly never someone to keep around too long :-)

 
At 1/13/2006 3:53 PM, Blogger NotCarrie said...

I agree and it should never replace real conversation but sometimes I wish the guy I'm after had it. Sometimes a phone call is too much or not convenient but there is something I want to say.

 
At 7/17/2006 8:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think texting is a matter of opinion...

it can be grat fro chatting with mates and getting to know new people if your shy like me. it will never replace real conversations , the face to face ones how cold it? its not like some day we will pass sombody we know and text them saying ' hi havent seen you in a while' and proced to have a catch up convo walking in opposite directions!

me? well i am a number hoader from way back, i stil have my friends number for their old fone. i text them sometimes to find out who bought them and stuff... quite funny.texting is fun but there is a time and a place for it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home