Friday, January 06, 2006

Belated New Years Wrap-Up

So, this New Year's was a total blast. Cynthia & Princeton Lawyer threw a party, as Sarah said, and we were all there, along with 25 of our closest (or not so close) friends. Cynthia was a bit nervous about the turnout, as everyone on the evite decided to invite about a million other people, and Princeton Lawyer doesn't have the biggest place, but it all turned out fine in the end. Sexy D was there, and did some major flirting with Sarah, which was only possible because The Manchild (formerly the Hated Ex) called in sick, literally, to the party. So, since he didn't show, my Ex, the Poet, didn't show either. I was actually pretty relieved about this, as it averted a lot of potential drama.

However much drama was created by myself and the Invited Guest, a good friend of mine who I used to have a crush on, who has just gone on a break with his girlfriend. I took this opportunity to plan to be his New Year's kiss, but made the mistake(?) of telling everyone. Kim is adorable when she gets drunk, and insisted, at around 10pm, that the Invited Guest and I share a New Year's kiss. He looked a bit uncomfortable at her directness, but agreed. So about an hour later, we headed off to his friend's New Year's party, a few blocks away.

This is the point where things get hazy, but from what I can recall, the clock struck midnight and we shared a simply delightful, gentle, New Year's kiss. I wanted it to continue, but he pulled away first. We were chatting and I think, at some point, I said something like "We should go out" and, as far as I recall, he said something like "I don't think that's a good idea." Now that I'm sober, I'm not really bothered by this, but apparently in my drunken state this was too much for me to handle and I apparently got up, walked off, and left the party to return to Cynthia's. I can't remember much else, besides puking (ewww!) and falling out of a cab on the way home, skinning my knee like a 6-year-old kid. Nice. Yet I have the fondest memories of the night, and ended up having a great time. How strange!

2 Comments:

At 1/06/2006 1:36 PM, Blogger AWE said...

The best nights are the ones that you don't remember.

The last time I was in NYC I fell out of a cab, after a round or two, and I tipped way to much.

 
At 1/07/2006 8:20 AM, Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

Glad you had a good New Year's!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home