Saturday, September 24, 2005

It's Raining British Men!

So, my little scientist totally cancelled. 4:15, sends the following text message:

sorry, i've been sent home-not looking good for tonight

Not, "can't go out tonight" but "not looking good." And again, no phone call, nothing. This is really getting old.

So, I'm pissed off. Yes, I know, he's probably sick, but this is 2 cancellations THIS WEEK! TWO IN ONE WEEK IS EXCESSIVE. More than excessive. And this, from the guy who wants to be exclusive? What exactly does that mean, to him, I wonder? Because when I'm "exclusive" with someone, they call me, uh, once in a while, or maybe hang out once in a while, or whatever. This is totally crazy.

The best news of the evening, though? I met up with Kim and Luis and Cynthia so I could bitch about this situation, and we're at the bar, Kim is drunk and walks up to this cute asian boy "my friend is single" (she was drunk). And HE'S BRITISH! From London -- and I have a thing for Asian boys. Asian AND British? That's too perfect! He got my number--I hope he calls (NOT text messages).

2 Comments:

At 9/26/2005 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you are being pretty unfair to the British guy. You certainly aren't exclusive yourself, so why do you expect him to be? If you really like him you should let him know about it.Also: did you ever think about the fact that it is quite expensive to take two people out on the weekend. Maybe he was just trying to save a little money.

 
At 9/26/2005 11:57 AM, Blogger . said...

Anonymous:

I'm not sure how I'm "certainly not exclusive myself" as I've been on one date since we had that conversation that I told him about.

I'm not sure that we ARE exclusive. And I'm not sure that I expect him to be--he most likely slept with his ex this weekend, and I don't think I would be upset about it even if he told me.

I just think it's wierd that he would say he wanted to be exclusive and then not see me that much.

And as for the $$--I did text message him this weekend, offering to bring him chicken soup. He did not respond, but that would have cost him nothing. I also have offered on all our dates to pay, and have paid for at least drinks on every date we've had.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home