Monday, September 19, 2005

I have a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach....

Just got a text message from the British Boy. It says:

Do you know when you're free this week-I'm a bit tied up the weekend

Uh oh. I have a really bad feeling about this. Friday I'm free, but I said I could hang late tomorrow, which he took me up on. I'm working late tomorrow, but I guess I could squeeze him in, somehow.

I really think there are only two possibilities:
1) It's been so long since we've hung out (over a week) and he wants to get together
2) He's going to 'break up' with me.
For some reason, I really think it's option #2. I just have a bad feeling. First canceling on the wedding, then on last night, and he's busy all weekend? I think he may have met someone else, but he's doing that British "only date one person at a time" bit. So he needs to get rid of me. ASAP. Meaning tomorrow.

But then, why tell me he wants to be exclusive in the first place?

I really don't get men. Not at all.

7 Comments:

At 9/19/2005 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've had that bad feeling before, bad things usually do end up happening.

 
At 9/19/2005 8:41 PM, Blogger ACG said...

call the "pizza guy"... pizza makes it all better... and you said he made a damn fine pie.

 
At 9/20/2005 8:56 AM, Blogger ACG said...

I have a bunch of scientist guy friends... doing some heavy duty research and stuff... and we lovingly refer to them as "social retatrds". We love them dearly, but one of them, I actually have to make sure is wearing matching shoes when we leave the building.

 
At 9/20/2005 12:03 PM, Blogger VP of Dior said...

it appears he is making some kind of effort, which could point to him trying to get to know you better and hang out more.

but what's up with the text messages? does he have a weird kermit the frog voice and doesn't want to talk? when did a phone call become old hat?

 
At 9/20/2005 12:06 PM, Blogger . said...

He's British, so I'm supposed to accept the text messages, i suppose....

 
At 9/20/2005 12:26 PM, Blogger ACG said...

actually, over there texting is much more common than calling because it is much less expensive than calling via cell.
might just be a cultural thang.
if it bothers you that much, tell him you want him to leave you a voicemail cause you think his voice is so sexy with his hot accent... that will be a lot more effective then going to a whole emotional and crap approach.

 
At 9/25/2005 9:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reality check he has shagged her. From two people who live in the real world and not Disney land.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home