Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Down in the Depths on the 90th Floor....

Okay, so I'm totally depressed about losing my job. This event has caused a ripple effect of problems in my life. Hottie Roommate is moving out, and I was going to float his portion of the rent so we could have a bit more space for a few weeks, do some renovations, etc. But now, obviously, I won't be able to cover it, so I'm freaking out.

Also, this show I'm in has the rehearsal schedule from HELL, and two cast members have already dropped out. Since so many people have dropped out already, I feel like I can't drop out, but if I didn't have to rehearse, I could do odd jobs like promotions (I was the St. Pauli girl a couple years ago & Octoberfest is coming up) or stuff like that. And NO, we're not getting paid for this thing, the director is a friend of mine and I was doing it as a favor to her. But I'm hating this show more and more as each day goes on. I posted a casting notice for my part (I have to miss one of the performances anyway) and told the director that if she can find someone else for my part, I'd appreciate it. But she still wants me to go to rehearsal on Saturday, even though I told her I'm shooting a student film all weekend. Arrrrrrg! She's totally unreasonable.

To boot, I've now lost ALL my boys. British Scientist has not contacted me since he cancelled our date Friday, even though I sent him a cute text message "Let me know if you u need me to bring chicken soup" (since he was ostensibly sick). That was on Saturday. It is now Wednesday. I think he's gone--I really do. He most likely slept with his Ex and doesn't want to tell me (not that I'd care, we weren't ever really together). I blew off Pizza Boy one-too-many times, so he's (rightfully) not calling, and Footlong last contacted me a week ago. I called him back Friday, but I think neither one of us is all that into the other--we just find each other attractive.

Sooooooo life sucks. I'm going to try to apply for unemployment, but I don't know if I worked here long enough to qualify. And we're desperately looking for a roommate, but luckily we've gotten a few craigslist responses, so hopefully something will happen. I hope so. But the worst is the depression. I don't want to do anything, just sit and home and mope.

5 Comments:

At 9/28/2005 12:36 PM, Blogger ACG said...

Hey, isn't Nice Guys Finish Last looking for a roommate situation?
craig's list, blogging... all the same thing.

 
At 9/28/2005 2:43 PM, Blogger . said...

But we need someone to move in right away....

 
At 9/28/2005 3:31 PM, Blogger Johnny said...

No doggy style therapy for you either.

quite sad.

 
At 9/28/2005 5:13 PM, Blogger Damn It Anyway said...

AHEM....need a roomie???
Ah hell it was worth a shot.

 
At 9/28/2005 5:25 PM, Blogger . said...

If you want to move in this weekend, you're on.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home