Friday, December 16, 2005

Soooo, saw Hot Actor for the first time since our kiss last night. He was friendly--normally we barely talk backstage, but yesterday he was full of "How was your weekend" chitchat. After the show, he was waiting at the bar we all go to after the show (not for me, though, other people were there too). He did seem to be hanging about to talk to me though, as all his friends left, and he stayed for nearly another hour. Somehow he makes me feel all awkward and middle school-ish--I think I'm developing a mini-crush on him! I think it's because he's so Hot -- I normally go for the dorky-cute guys, and I know how they think--but Hot Actor is so hot, and aloof--I can't read him at all and don't know what to do!! Aii! I'll see him again tonight, so, we'll see...

Also, got an email from Princeton Lawyer's friend-of-a-friend that I'm apparently being setup with. He wrote:

Hey Kristin,

I'm The Set-Up, a friend of a friend of Princeton Lawyer's. He gave me your e-mail address and said you might be interested in meeting up sometime, which sounds good to me. The next few weeks are obviously busy given the holidays, but I'll be around in NY for a few days next week and late the week after that (before New Year's). If that doesn't work, we could always do after the New Year too...

Anyhow, let me know what you think and hopefully, we'll be able to make plans for sometime soon (this is my e-mail and my cell phone # is 609-555-1212). Also, if you have something particular you want to do in mind, I'm pretty much down for anything. Looking forward to meeting you...

Cheers,
-The Set-Up

PS - Not sure how much Princeton Lawyer told you about me, but I work in Media Partnerships at Big Corporation and I live by Gramercy Park...

Well, I'm glad to have heard from him. I responded, saying I probably can't meet up till after Xmas (I'm leaving for California too soon!) but maybe we could do something just before New Years? My schedule is pretty crazy, but I think we should be able to work something out. However, I'm not holding my breath. As PT Barnum and a handful of other email exchanges proved, people tend to drop the ball a lot on the arbitrary "let's get together" plans, and you never quite end up getting together....


3 Comments:

At 12/16/2005 3:02 PM, Blogger Fly Girl said...

Don't completely write him off. You just never know if, when, or how things might click.

 
At 12/16/2005 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shouldn't you delete his phone number? Just to be on the safe side.

 
At 12/16/2005 9:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish I could be on the extension when anon above tries to call the guy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home