Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Emails, Emails....

So I ended up waiting 2 days to respond to Karaoke boy. Not because I was trying to be all coy, or whatever, but because I hadn't uploaded my pics yet, and didn't know what to say to him. I finally formulated this response:

Hey Karaoke Boy,

Yeah, had a blast with you and your pals. They’re so cool—J was so fun, and your roommate's Pedro outfit was incredible. And you didn’t make such a bad Napoleon Dynamite yourself. Wish my friends could have stayed out, but that’s couples for ya... It was nice to put my prom dress on again last night—did you do anything for Halloween proper?

Glad you liked Big Nick’s—the burgers are great, right?

I’ll email you the photos as soon as I find the cord to my camera (hopefully tonight). They’re pretty cute—I wonder who I like better, you or Napoleon? ;)

Kristin

Notice I used Sarah's "question" technique (she argues that unless you put a question in an email, they don't have to respond) and expressed my interest. I'm afraid that once he gets the pics, it's bye-bye Karaoke boy, but I'll try and upload them tonight. I fear it may be time to move on to other prospects, if I don't hear from him tonight/tomorrow... Clearly I'm just too accustomed to having people lose interest after date three.

BUT! PT Barnum JUST emailed me!!! (He should have called, but still....). He wrote:

Kristin,
It was so good to meet you the other night! You'll be sickly pleased to know, that our good friend Clark Kent spent at least an hour after you left falling down and getting sick outside the bar. That guy was a mess!

I hope you had a good time in spite of his lacivious advances! If you have that photo of us that would be cool. I seem to remember it being a good picture.

Well, have a good one. Hopefully I will talk to you soon.

PT Barnum

Woo hoo! Now I need to think of what to write.... (and now I really have to upload those photos...) Looks like I'll have someone to replace Karaoke boy when he unexpectedly disappears, surely any minute now...

12 Comments:

At 11/02/2005 4:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, always ask a question or create a situation that requires a response. Otherwise it confuses who's duty it is to contact next. And we all know how quickly confusion turns bad for a new relationship.

 
At 11/02/2005 5:59 PM, Blogger sethro said...

Go with PT Barnum. Seriously. Drop everyone else. He's smarter than the average bear. Anyone who uses sickly pleased and lascivious (sic) in the same sentence is worth a second glance. Even though he spelled lascivious wrong. I'm serious. I know people.

 
At 11/03/2005 1:14 AM, Blogger . said...

Sorry, Kim & Cyn. I'm just bitter because I feel like:

1. I'm never going to meet anyone who actually likes me beyond date 3,
2. Every time I see both of you, you're coupled up, and
3. Everytime I see both of you, you leave by 11pm.

I know, I know, you both have crazy schedules now, and school is more important. But it sucks enough being single, here, and it sucks even more when you don't have anyone to go out and party/troll for boys with. At least if I had someone special, too, I wouldn't feel so lonely. And wouldn't have to be quite so sad about the thought of losing you both (we've all heard about Smug Marrieds not wanting to hang out with Singletons anymore...). Sorry, being disappointed so frequently and consistently really gets to me. I DON'T WANT to date/make out with random guys anymore!!! ISN'T THERE ANYONE NORMAL OUT THERE?!?! Grrrrrr.

Sethro, you're right. PT Barnum sounds great. Let's see if he has any interest in getting to date 1, let alone making it past date 3!

 
At 11/03/2005 6:35 AM, Blogger sethro said...

Ok Kristin, I'm seriously crossing my fingers for you on PT Barnum (at least to get that first date). He's obviously interested since he emailed. Now, he may turn out to be as deranged as the next guy, but something struck me in his email as genuine and funny. And both are excellent qualities.

 
At 11/03/2005 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go, Kim! You summed it up perfectly for her. Being alone and respecting yourself is much better than being with someone for the sake of not being alone and having your ego bruised...

You have to be happy with yourself before you can really be happy with another person...

 
At 11/03/2005 11:35 AM, Blogger . said...

Though I am tired of dealing with the disappointment of random boy of the week, staying at home alone is hardly a great alternative, for me anyway. I'm certainly not going to meet anyone at home by myself, and I don't believe in leaving things up to fate. Crying myself to sleep Friday nights because I feel unloved and friendless is not really going to help me with anything but feeling more depressed than I already am.

 
At 11/03/2005 11:48 AM, Blogger Johnny said...

kristin,
you need a gay wing man. a gingman so to speak.

i mean it works on will and grace.

 
At 11/03/2005 2:07 PM, Blogger . said...

But see, I don't get out of rehearsal/performances till 11pm--and by that time, you're all going to bed. I understand why, and I really do think it's great that both of you are in school, and I am supportive of that. It's not that I necessarily want to be out late, in loud places, it's just that that's the only option for me, if I'm to go out at all.

I'm just depressed because I have no one to hang out with. No boys, but, much more importantly, no friends. And that makes me sad.

 
At 11/04/2005 11:59 AM, Blogger . said...

Kim,

I know I was mopey on Sat, but we did talk about you, too--the cutting the cord and all that, remember? But you're right, I'm sorry if I monopolized the conversation.

Kim, you must know how hearing the same platitudes over and over gets really old. "Work on yourself" "Just stay home" "Don't worry" "It'll happen when you least expect it"--I swear if I hear any of those things again, I'll scream.

I really don't see what's so wrong about wanting to be with someone. Especially when you have no one else to hang out with. Why is it not okay for that to be a priority for me? And I'm not saying being single is the worst thing in the world. In fact, last time I was single, I had a blast--but I had lots of friends, then, to go out with. This time? Well, I don't have anyone to go out with. And that sucks.

I'm just confused why you and Cyn are so defensive. I’ve never said either of you are bad friends, just that neither of you have time to hang out with me anymore. There’s a difference. And I’m not faulting or blaming either of you for it. It's not like you can do anything about it anyway. My thoughts are not about either of you—it’s about me feeling sad, and alone, and not having anyone (male or female) to hang out with. All of which are true.

 
At 11/05/2005 2:40 AM, Blogger . said...

Wow. I get depressed and sad and feel lonely, and instead of getting so much as a "That sucks, Kris, it'll pass" I get attacked. Nice.

 
At 11/05/2005 10:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now now girls- this is silly, don't fight! You're all good friends and you love each other- don't fall out over this- you are all experiencing a little stress, that's all. You are all feeling the same exact way right now,the feelings are just coming from different stimuli in each case. Just remember that each of you does not exist in a vaccuum- what you say affects each other. Now kiss and make up!!

 
At 11/06/2005 6:40 PM, Blogger . said...

Kim, I would never EVER say anything like "this masters thing is the worst thing kim has done" and have rechecked everything I've written to make 100% sure there was nothing that even comes close to what you have taken from my writing.

I think you are an amazing person, and I am so proud of you for doing a very difficult thing. We all 4 are busy in our own unique ways, and I honor that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home