Thursday, September 15, 2005

Speed Dating Pizza Pie

Okay, for anyone out there who has NOT tried speed dating, let me just tell you how much I enthusiastically recommend it. Though no one could quite compare to the British Scientist, I had a great time. This girl I know from my freelance gig, Roxy, went with me, and we had a BLAST. Totally worth the $30.

The boys were, like, ALL IT guys. And not very many tall guys were there. =( But the three guys I picked all picked me, so I'm happy about that. (Though I'm not sure I have time to go out with them with the rehearsal schedule for my new show--and there's the whole 'exclusive' thing to deal with the Brit about, too. Speaking of which, I haven't heard from Tennis Boy since our date Sunday. Has he perhaps decided he's no longer interested in me?)

But the craziest part was at the end of the night. Roxy and I both had a speed date with this Italian guy who owns a pizza place in the Bronx. And though he's not at all my type (2-3 of my 6 qualities) he's really funny and made me laugh 3-4 times in the 8 minutes. So I figured I'd pick him as a match--but he had other plans. He asked me if Roxy and I wanted to go out with him and his friend to dinner together, afterwards. Roxy is pretty cool, and up for adventures, so off we went to a little Italian place on East 4th that I had a very nice date with the Poet so many years ago. The fun thing about this Italian guy was that I could totally bust his balls, if you will. I'm feeling confident right now, I seem to have something going on with this British boy, so I'm a far cry from desperate (I love how just a few weeks ago I was crazy-neurotic desperate. Funny how these things change so quickly!). So we would flirt, and he would say things and I would shoot him down. It was very amusing actually. And it drove him crazy.

So as we walk from dinner to a bar to get some more drinks, he totally says "I think you're full of yourself" and all this other rude stuff about how I'm giving him a hard time. So I'm actually pissed (if you've ever seen Kim in pissed-off but quietly polite mode, you'll know EXACTLY how I was acting). And so I sat there, angry for about 15 minutes, and then he said something funny, and I couldn't be mad at him anymore. It was exactly like watching Kim & Luis together when they were first dating, except this time it was me and this guy! Pretty funny. Roxy and the other guy said it was like we'd been dating for years.

So we get to talking about the pizza place and Roxy says, "you should make us a pizza" and somehow we all concoct this crazy plan how they're going to drive us a pizza the next day from the Bronx to our work. A sausage pizza, of course. Well, late this morning the guy calls me. I don't pick up (of course) but his message is, hey we have your pizza we're on the way! Come downstairs and meet us!

THEY BROUGHT US A SAUSAGE PIZZA FROM THE BRONX. Unbelievable. Everyone at work was like "where'd you get the pizza? How'd you get the pizza?" so we had to tell them.

And it was a damn good slice.

3 Comments:

At 9/15/2005 6:14 PM, Blogger Damn It Anyway said...

hey..i'm an IT guy...so much for that DAMN

 
At 9/16/2005 10:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, nothing wrong with that. My first BF was an IT guy. It was just funny, because everyone's first question was "what do you do?" and the answer was ALWAYS IT. It was funny.

 
At 9/16/2005 4:08 PM, Blogger ACG said...

Feed a girl pizza and she's your's forever... hee hee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home