Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Wisdom from Mom....

So, I told my mom about the British Scientist, and she offered me these words of wisdom. Now, mind you, my mom is probably the most sucessful dater I know--single in her 50s, she met the most wonderful man, whom she is now married to, and they're soo happy (and cute!) together.

So I'm glad things are going well with the Brit Boy. About the exclusive... cool but after you make him wait a bit. then, here's the advice: You drop some hints next week if you still like him. "Maybe we can go away together for the weekend... that would be so romantic to be all alone together... this time is year is so beautiful in New England, or by the water, etc......" He should get the hint and take you somewhere by the water or in the mountains for your first romantic rendezvous. It should not be at your house or his -- too mundane...too unromantic! The truth is men (people) appreciate things they have to work to get, and that translates into work and money. When men have to spend money on you, they value you more! This is a truth. So in the beginning of a relationship, don't be "free" or easy. It will come back to haunt you. Have the man have to plan (spend time in anticipation = value) have him have to spend money (money for men = value....that's why they show off/brag about what they have paid the most for) Have the man have to "win" you via waiting and working. No one appreciates an easy success. Good Luck -- with him or with ______.

Wow. I love my mom. This is true. No one appreciates things that fall into their lap too easily...

1 Comments:

At 9/14/2005 1:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like that advice, must say I've never really thought of it that way, since I've always been brought up to be easy-going (which translates well in the long term). It does definitely ring true though, a man does appreciate you more when he has to work for it, tried true and tested, albeit just for the most recent relationship I've been in. So here's to what comes next!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home