Monday, September 12, 2005

Weekend Update--The Unusual

So, this weekend was full of the unexpected for me. MacB called (called!) on Saturday, very unlike him, to see if he could take me up on my offer to let him replace the Prospect. Since I was beginning to think this was not the best of ideas, I told him I was busy all weekend (true!) and said I'd let him know when I'm free later in the week. I figured this would buy me some time as I figured out what to do.

Saturday night was my amazing date with the British Scientist. Have I mentioned he's a perfect 6 on my 6 point scale? The only other perfect score was the Poet. We met at 7:30 and were out till 5:30am, and the time just evaporated. I seriously had no idea what time it was, we had sooooo much fun. We ended up at French Roast and I tried to order a drink, but they told me "we can't serve alcohol after 4am." I was shocked. 4am? When did that happen? (I also vaguely remember being at Cafe Lalo, but I couldn't tell you what, if anything, I had there, which is a shame, really, since I enjoy their yummy deserts so much.) And of course, he told me that he doesn't want to date anyone else, that he thinks "I'm brilliant" (how cute is that!) and that we should be BF/GF. Woah!

So, this of course, led to my dilemma about Footlong (formerly known as Tennis Boy). I had already scheduled a date with him on Sunday night, and didn't feel right about cancelling it on such short notice. So, we went out, had an okay time. He's super sweet. And hot. And has 4-5 points on the scale, but is missing the most critical point: passion. And he got to meet all the "Grow Some" girls, when we went out for Kim's birthday. He got along famously with Luis, but I do feel that making conversation with him is not nearly as easy and fun as with my British Scientist. *sigh*

So, I think I have to end things with him. We've only been on two dates also, but he's already begun with the "next time" and stuff. This is complicated, however, by two things:
1) He is "practically family" to a friend of mine
2) His birthday is Sunday (!)

Much discussion was had on Sunday night about what to do. Princeton Lawyer (Cynthia's BF) had a lot of great suggestions. He says that since we've only been out twice, I don't have to call him or contact him about this, but he did say that I owe him more than a quick email. So here's the plan: Next time he calls, I'm to be nice and friendly, but when he asks me out, tell him that "Oh, I wanted to talk to you, I've started seeing someone else and we've decided to become exclusive, so I have to see where that goes..." Seems like the best plan, anyway.

Grr. I hate this part.

2 Comments:

At 9/12/2005 6:41 PM, Blogger Damn It Anyway said...

On the bright side, Tennis boy wasn't a total jackass.

 
At 9/13/2005 2:58 PM, Blogger Crazy Girl City said...

Sounds like a decent plan to me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home