Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Law School Boys Need to Shut Up!

Disclaimer: Not every boy at school is annoying, but of the annoying people during class, 100% of them are male.

There are people at school that make me want to die. Oddly enough, they are all boys. I just don’t understand this attitude where people feel a compulsive need to share their thoughts on every topic. We are ALL first year students in our 3rd week of class. Know what? None of us have all the answers. None of us! I think it is fine to share your opinion where it is relevant, ask questions of the professor or even have a lively debate on a “hot button” question. However, this does not give anyone the right to make the class all about them! Everyone is trying to learn and that is hard when the class is reduced to a few jerky people determined to get the last word in before the topic changes. I would bet money that these boys don’t have girlfriends. Who would go out with them? Who would put up with there constant pontificating on every topic?

I know that I can be judgmental and I know I can be mean sometimes. But, when I think I know the answer I talk under my breath like everyone else. That is perfectly fine. I don’t subject an entire room of people to listening to whatever thought pops into my head.

The women in my group are not like this! They all share appropriately, but do not monopolize discussion. They do not have a freakish need to provide an answer in every class. This one guy, let’s call him Utah Boy, spoke in all three classes today . . . more than once. Totally unnecessary!

I wonder if he knows that everyone hates him. That the minute we get out of class, everyone talks about how annoying he is and he we wish he would shut the fuck up. I wonder if he has a clue that the professors are starting to hate him, especially one professor who approached one of the girls in my class to ask if Utah Boy was making her disinterested in the class.

SHUT THE HELL UP!

3 Comments:

At 9/13/2005 11:11 PM, Blogger . said...

OMG, most actors are the same way. Boys AND girls.

 
At 9/14/2005 7:53 PM, Blogger Porkchop said...

I recommend threatening to castrate them with the cord of your headphones.

Their faces will blanche and they will never speak again.

 
At 9/17/2005 10:40 AM, Blogger Siryn said...

There are people like that in every class, in every school. I know, doesn't make it any better...

In my first year, it was a girl, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home