Friday, December 09, 2005

Break?

So I guess I'm on a break from dating, for the time being. Don't really want to do the online thing again, the last time speed dating was a total loss, and meeting people in bars, though possible, is too hard if you're not in the right frame of mind. And everyone's busy with holiday stuff anyways, so it's too hard to plan anything this time of year. I haven't heard from either of the guys at last Saturday's party--which basically means I won't. Ug.

Though today was an interesting day, with acquaintances at least. I had a strange experience with one of the guys in my acting class, "Oz." We do these touchy-feely movement exercises, which are very weird (helpful, but weird)--everyone is holding hands and moving together and such. It's hard to explain. But anyways, at the end of the exercise, Oz and I were holding hands, and the exercise ended and we continued holding hands for a while as we emerged out of it (this is the kind of thing that in middle school would have been the cause of much elation and over-analyzing). Which normally I'd take as a sign of interest, but it's this touchy-feely class, so who knows? Hrm. Oh, and the playwright I mentioned before is definitely interested--he made that clear tonight. I'm apprehensive to get involved, though, with someone who's as much a mess as I am--I tend to attract guys who like taking care of me (I'm a bit of a mess that way, so sue me, I need a little help). Hey, at least it's nice to know someone's attracted to you...

So forgive me if my love life is a bit boring these days. I'm sure things will pick up when the holidays are over....

7 Comments:

At 12/09/2005 9:56 AM, Blogger Adam said...

I'm beginning to think that the dating scene in places like NYC and DC is no different than it is here in Omaha.

 
At 12/09/2005 10:24 AM, Blogger FINY said...

We'd never blame you! Breaks are good!

And Adam, it really is the same everywhere. I've lived in Rhode Island, Boston, and New York, and it's all the same shit, just different locations.

 
At 12/09/2005 10:26 AM, Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

For now, I've got enough things on my plate right now. But, I've decided that I'm probably going to abandon my Man Diet some time in January. The holidays will be over before you know it ...

 
At 12/09/2005 11:39 AM, Blogger Mitch said...

Argh...

That about sums up the dating life doesn't it? On going, tiring, and seemingly unrewarding!

Bah Humbug to dating over Christmas...

Maybe in the new year...yes, here's to the New Year!

 
At 12/09/2005 1:21 PM, Blogger Joy said...

Dating stinks.

A break is an excellent idea. I say this because I had it myself.

Also, look at it this way, most that you would meet in a bar around the holidays have a high potential for being miserable for being alone around the holidays. Better to wait for everyone's spirits to lift.

 
At 12/09/2005 1:50 PM, Blogger sethro said...

Wow...everyone seems to be pretty down about dating right now. I gotta find someone who's actually in a decent dating relationship, just to cheer myself up, especially after reading all the posts!

 
At 12/10/2005 2:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is it about the holidays? Kristin, I just brOke up with my guy a mont shy of our 1 year anniversary. Breaks ARE goos as someone said. You just need to recharge the battery so to speak.

p.s. the creative/actor/writer guys are always the best in bed. Something about being uninhibited. I say go for it.

Moxie
http://moxieblog.typepad.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home