Thursday, November 17, 2005

I can feel my anger growing

Okay, I know this is a dating blog and I am working on a post about the mating habits of the law school library. But, this post is about my rage. I'm sorry for being off topic, but everyone needs a place to vent.

So, the biggest assignment of the semester is due on Monday and the library is full of freaky behavior. Everyone is stressed out and everyone is on the brink of collapse at any moment. This is of course why it is completely awful that the internet is broken in the library. We need the internet to do our assignment! Clearly, I can do without IM or blogger, but I need to use Lexis and Westlaw to make sure my cases for my memo are good law. I just saw two people almost assult a library official who was telling us that the problem won't be fixed for roughly a week. This sucks.

You may be asking . . . how is Cynthia writing this post if the internet is broken at school? Good question, the worst part is that the internet works everywhere in the building except in the library. So, I am sitting in a classroom trying to work on my paper and avoid killing people. Basically, the entire first year class is sitting in about 5-6 classrooms because it is the only place to work. BTW- It is not good for us all to be in the same place. There is too much nervous energy when we all get together. But no, I can't go anywhere else. That's not exactly true, I was studying at Starbucks until a few minutes ago.

Really, I am making progress on my paper, but I am also annoyed. I pay too much money to put up with this.

WHY DOES THE INTERNET HAVE TO BE BROKEN DURING LONG MEMO WEEK?

Thank you for reading this rant.

4 Comments:

At 11/17/2005 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was in Grad school a couple years back, I had some of the same experiences. I questioned myself constantly why am I putting myself through this hell. However, it will pay off at the end and all of the nuances will be forgotten. Goodluck. :)

 
At 11/18/2005 10:13 AM, Blogger FINY said...

Yikes, good luck!

 
At 11/18/2005 10:49 AM, Blogger ACG said...

This would have come in handy...

http://www.marware.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Marware.woa/4/wa/selectedCategory?catalogCatID=170&wosid=J06haFktHXWEb9ZAeZTJ3M

 
At 11/18/2005 2:10 PM, Blogger Jennifer Simon, Esq. said...

I totally feel your pain. I`m a brand spanking new attorney just outta law school myself. I had a memo due for my boss a few fridays ago which required looooots of westlaw research. Go figure, the westlaw site was down for THREE HOURS.

Just kill me.

You could of course resort to the books if necessary.....ugh.

Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home