Friday, August 26, 2005

What's Going On? Oh, I see....

So, guess who did not show up to my show tonight, even though last week he said he'd be there? Yes, folks, you guessed it. Though I played the good girl and brought my friend to opening night of his show, brought cupcakes to his birthday party, basically was sweet and nice and showed my interest, he doesn't even bother to show up to my show the day he says he will. And, as he explained many times, tonight was the only night he could attend, because he's going away this weekend, had his show to deal with before, etc., etc. I wonder if I'll get the obligatory "so sorry" email, or if he'll just give me some lame excuse when I see him Tuesday (an unavoidable industry event that I can't get out of). This is The Poet all over again.

So, I guess that's it. If a guy can't find the time to see my show, can't show up when he says he will, then he most certainly cannot date me. I'm just so confused. What went wrong? It was so romantic, so perfect, he seemed really friggin interested, I'm not sure where it all went downhill. I realize now that the "so romantic" goodnight kiss he gave me last Thursday was not just a goodnight kiss, but really, a goodbye kiss. I should have known.

See what happens when you take a chance on someone? He meets only 2 of my 6 ideal qualities (anyone know anyone who meets all 6?), lives AT HOME WITH HIS MOM, is shorter than me and not that cute, has a crappy admin assistant job (so I'm making double what he is now, and am 8 years younger), and yet, oh, I was soooooo into him. Well forget that. I can really see how women become bitchy. Seriously, I'm attractive, I get LOTS of attention from men, he should be so lucky. I don't think there are any nice guys left. Jersey Shore Boy was "nice" and look what that got me. I think I should only date rich or powerful guys. If I'm going to get screwed over and have my heart stomped on, I might as well get nice things while I'm at it. Because every time I really like a guy, it ends up really shitty for me. What's the point?

At least I got contacted by all my other boys today:
--The Prospect uncomfortably tried to booty call me (Ha!)
--FoxNews Guy called to chat and thank me for a nice lunch yesterday. I have to do something about him...
--British Boy text messaged me, wants to meet for drinks
--This other guy (I don't know enough about him to nickname him yet) called to confirm our after-work drinks date tomorrow.

I have 4 other boys. I don't need MacB. Except, of course, the only one I want is MacB.

I hate being single.

8 Comments:

At 8/26/2005 12:43 AM, Blogger Damn It Anyway said...

He IS a jackass.
"only date rich or powerful guys"
Oh crap.

 
At 8/26/2005 12:49 AM, Blogger . said...

Well, rich or powerful, or comes close to meeting my desired qualities....
(age appropriate, as smart or smarter than me--I know it doesn't come off here, but I am somewhat intelligent, taller than me, passionate about something, good job, cute or dorky-cute)

 
At 8/26/2005 4:36 AM, Blogger Andrew Barber said...

I agree with DIA. He sounds like a waste of space and his behaviour is a good example of the behaviour highlighted in your other thread: it would have been just common courtesy to turn up.

I am looking forward to reading the e-mail/text/excuse that will follow soon!

Have a good weekend everyone. A.

 
At 8/26/2005 4:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stop being neurotic; you're chasing the guys you want away and attracting the crap.

 
At 8/26/2005 10:25 AM, Blogger . said...

Girls are neurotic. And if I wasn't neurotic, what would I write about?

 
At 8/26/2005 10:47 AM, Blogger . said...

oh, wait, Kim, you approve of everyone except for the boys I've actually met???

This is sad....

 
At 8/29/2005 6:44 PM, Blogger Le Synge Bleu said...

okay, so incredibly shitty...does this not confirm what a fickwit he is? he probably won't even make it anytime during the run, because he's way too busy being thoroughly self absorbed. mr. eu pulled the same stunt with me, promising to be there etc and totally falling through. he never showed, in fact, after i'd been to several of his band's shows. its called fuckwittage and must be stopped now before yuo realize yuo've spent a year and a half with a self absorbed asshole who told you who he was at the get go.

not that i'm bitter or anything...

 
At 8/29/2005 11:59 PM, Blogger . said...

The run is over; he already missed the whole thing. Thursday was the only night he could possibly see it and he didn't show.

You're right, the writing is on the wall. I better listen to it...

I have to see him tomorrow. We shall see what happens.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home