Thursday, August 18, 2005

Drunks on Parade

So, we have these dinner parties and they are fabulous. All four of us try and get together once a week either at Kim’s place or at the apartment that I live in with Kristin (Kristin owns it) and Hottie Roommate. When four women trash your house . . . you know much fun was had by all. We just eat and drink and laugh for hours on end. Hottie Roommate is always amused with our exploits.

Here’s the thing: we are all busy women and yet we make time to get together as often as possible. We talk about boys, other friends and sex. Yes, we spend a lot of our time drunk posting, calling and IMing people. Who cares, doing silly things with your girlfriends is what life is all about.

When I am an old married lady with children, I will look back on these parties with fond memories. I’ll remember Sarah trying on her new dress in our living room and Kristin flashing the party from the kitchen. I look back on Kim sending hysterical IMs to people we don’t like and toasting Sarah’s new job.

If anyone wants to say that we are drunk crazy women too often, they can suck it. Having wonderful friends is a great thing and being able to spend time with them is even better. If several bottles of wine are involved that is better still.

When bad shit or sad shit happens, it is so important to have a support system. That is what we are for each other. Yes, when we get togther the house gets trashed. Yes, when we get together things get broken. But, I’ve always believed that property damage is an indication of how much fun was had and by that measure, we throw better events than P. Ditty.

Hells Yeah!

7 Comments:

At 8/18/2005 2:47 PM, Blogger . said...

Aw Cyn, you're the sweetest.

I love you guys, us "Grow Some" Girls. Y'all are my tribe. And I'm so happy to have you. Since Jersey Shore Boy dumped me, I've felt so lucky, so happy, because I'm so blessed to have friends like you in my life.

And the fact that we can all drink Mojitos on a Wednesday night and get trashed makes it even better.

 
At 8/18/2005 4:42 PM, Blogger Le Synge Bleu said...

i don't know what i'd do personally without my own tribe of kick ass strong womyn friends. i hope that when i'm old and with kids and grandkids that i not only look back on my womyn time as good memories - i hope i'm still doing it!

 
At 8/18/2005 7:09 PM, Blogger Damn It Anyway said...

What I would give to be a fly on that wall.

 
At 8/18/2005 9:47 PM, Blogger Leah Mullen said...

Cynthia,

I'm one of those "old married ladies with kids" but I'm not hatin' your freedom. LOL. I've never really partied even when I was single. I haven't been single since I was 20. Now I'm 35. I had a group of female friends in highschool, but we NEVER drank. You all remind me of my favorite TV show with one of my favorite fictional writers--Carrie Bradshaw. I'll admit to living vicariously through her--just a little.

Thanks for visiting my blog Kristin.

Peace,

Leah

 
At 8/18/2005 9:51 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

i fucking adore you guys. you all are like the non-Boston version of me and my girls.

 
At 8/19/2005 2:50 AM, Blogger . said...

MacB called us "the Secret Blog Squad" tonight. Isn't that the cutest?

 
At 8/20/2005 2:12 AM, Blogger . said...

Thanks, everyone!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home