Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Nights at Home

This week my dear boyfriend and I celebrated yet another anniversary. We’re stupid and tend to in some way celebrate the months we’ve been together. It seems so bizarre that we’ve now reached month seven. It is bizarre both because my relationship is so serious in such a short amount of time and because it doesn’t feel like a short amount of time at all. In fact, I feel like we’ve been together for a lifetime.

On Monday, we sat on the couch doing the crossword puzzle curled up on each other. There is nothing exiting about that. Last night, he watched me move furniture in my room and helped me order a new computer. I never really aspired to such a boring life, but now I wouldn’t want things to be any other way. Don’t get me wrong, the two of us love going out with friends, but just being together at home is an amazing gift.

And on those nights where we sit, talking and laughing in each other’s arms (I guess that is almost every night these days), it is better than anything I’ve ever experienced. It is better than being the prom queen and better than being a debutante. It is better than good grades, good drugs, debate success, being in the right sorority, being Phi Beta Kappa and all the other former highlights of my life, because when we cuddle together I feel like I’m home.

1 Comments:

At 8/17/2005 3:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's one of my favorite lines from "High Fidelity" (it was definitely in the movie, but I don't remember if it was in the book) - finding someone who feels like home.

-Katie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home