Monday, August 15, 2005

Weekend Update--The Usual

So this weekend I sucessfully executed my first ever Booty Call. Out with the girls, drunk (of course), I started drunk dialing. A few people. Leaving drunken messages (of course). I text message the former Prospect "I'm drunk!!" He writes this long text message (he has a Blackberry so it's easy for him) asking what I'm up to, so I call him and tell him to come and meet us, we're in Soho. He's in the Financial District, so no problem.

He meets us at midnight and the good thing is all the girls get to meet him (thoughts, girls?). He's pretty sweet, right? Then we debate about whose place we're going to, and his wins because it's a million degrees out and he has AC. And of course we do the usual, put on a movie and have sex twice.

The next morning was awkward, though--every time I've been over there we've had morning sex, but I was awake and had to get ready for my date with MacB, and he just wanted to sleep, so... I left. It was strange, actually.

The date with MacB was good, again, nothing exciting. We grabbed a quick bite at Cosi, went to see a show that started out GREAT and went swiftly downhill from there. Yikes. Then we did the usual, wander around the village holding hands and kissing. We were out till about midnight, the date started at 7.

I'm starting to get frustrated, I guess. The lack of... ANYTHING is driving me nuts. I mean, I like spending time with him and all, but... I don't know. I just wish I had a clue what's going on with him. And this dating thing--it's been a while for me. I don't like the slooooooow speed of things. I guess I'm glad that the "official first date" is now out of the way. Is Luis right? Is the lack of action the "two-week plan"? (Today is two weeks from our first kiss, btw.)

3 Comments:

At 8/15/2005 5:00 PM, Blogger Le Synge Bleu said...

oh my god! you got sex and ac all at the same time! that's like cake and ice cream that's miraculously all calorie free!
yeah, the morning exit sans morning sex always feels incredibly weird...its always much less awkward when both parties are in their post coital fog and you can just kind of float out on a cloud. the sans sex version is kind of like nright flourescent lights being turned on in a previously dark bar.

not that i'm an expert on the whole dating thing, and really i have resolved to become a nun, but if things are moving slower than you'd like...grab the reigns and run. if he rears back, ease up, if not, fly like the wind. why does he alone get to dictate the pace?

or you could subtley suggest a bit of acceleration...i suppose that's the more responsible (ie less fun) route.

 
At 8/16/2005 10:36 AM, Blogger . said...

All calorie free. Ha!

I dunno, I prefer for the guy to set the pace. I've gotten into too much trouble when I've sped things up, usually of the "he stopped calling" variety.

 
At 8/16/2005 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i liked the prospect a lot, even though at times he tried too hard. he was a good sport esp when you told him that you'd take him to the wedding if only he had a car ;) hahaha that cracked me up...
as for macB, i dunno. you know me, i have no patience. if the guy doesn't have the balls to make a move, then i either move on to someone who does or i jump them. i dunno what his deal is but something tells me it's going to take him a long time (if at all) to do something (for whatever reason). i think u should do ur own thing in the meantime.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home