Friday, August 12, 2005

My Date with Hottie Roommate

We didn't have a great start. He seemed almost uninterested at first. He didn't hug or kiss me hello as I was expecting. He didn't offer me any compliments. He seemed uncomfortable and was making me nervous. I wanted to do something to take the tension away, so as we were waiting at the bar for our table I leaned in to kiss him. That didn't work out well. As I leaned in to kiss him, he turned and offered me his cheek. I thought that was a bad sign. The only thing that could possibly redeem the situation now is booze, lots of booze, I thought.

Luckily the booze came quickly. He loved the wine and the food; he was thoroughly impressed with my restaurant selection. Things were looking a lot better. He paid the check (something that I rarely allow even on dates) and we headed to one of my favorite bars. He loved the bar too! He was surprised that I chose the places that I did. I'm not sure what he was expecting, but I said and did a lot of things that surprised him. I think neither of us expected to have so much in common. The more we talked, the more we realized we had in common. Things were going well.

We made-out for the duration of the cab ride to his place (it was 25 minute cab-ride). Things were definitely going well. He asked me back to his place. We proceeded to make-out, but nothing else happened. We didn't have sex. He confessed, that though he was to have sex he was also very nervous: for the past 8 years he has had sex with only one women, his soon to be ex-wife. Ironically, the soon to be ex-wife called when we were making out. Though he didn't answer her call, he did look at his phone to see if she left a message. This didn't anger me; it just made me extremely sad. I suggested that he call her back to make sure she was ok, which he did. He didn't reach her, but it was clear that our date was over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home