Tuesday, August 30, 2005

My boyfriend makes me feel better, but not in a dirty way

My boyfriend is the only one that makes me feel less stressed out. I am stressed about work and school and doing well. Actually, I am stressed about way too many things to list here, but let’s just say the stress level is ultra high.

The Asshole was never able to make me feel better about my stress or other shitty life scenarios. In fact, he usually made me feel worse about everything because he is so negative himself. My college boyfriend was sort-of good at making feel better, but not too much. Usually, he just wanted to solve the problem so that we could stop having to deal with it. But, when the problem lacked a real concrete solution he wanted to avoid the issue. He felt it was easier that way.

These past few weeks, my boyfriend has done everything possible to make me feel better. He has made me dinner several nights recently and he went through the trouble of buying me a “back to school” present. Since he has also been through law school his support means an awful lot. When I feel stupid and unprepared, I really trust him when he says it will be okay.

So this morning, I had a total freak-out because I couldn’t find my keys and was already running late for school. Of course, my keys were underneath mail; a common phenomenon in our house. In the midst of my psychosis, I called my boyfriend and immediately I stopped freaking out and I found my wallet and keys not long after that. I think he literally saved me from having a bad day.

Every day, I feel so lucky that he is in my life and that I didn’t meet him 5 years ago when I was a neurotic, bitchy and generally mean person. Poor college boyfriend can tell many stories about my ill behavior toward most of humanity. I can’t imagine a better person for me and to me that is the test of a good relationship. He can soothe me like no one else I’ve met and I just don’t know where I would be without his love and support.

I love my semi-dorky lawyer boyfriend. He is the best and I don’t know what I would do without him.

2 Comments:

At 8/30/2005 7:06 PM, Blogger Damn It Anyway said...

Sounds like your boyfriend is pretty lucky too

 
At 8/31/2005 2:00 AM, Blogger Le Synge Bleu said...

yay for supportive guys who weather our freak outs and stress. major bonus points for the cooking, i must say.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home