Friday, August 26, 2005

The Boys at School

Law school boys . . . I just don’t know what to do with them.

So, this past week has been my fist week of school. Of course, I am excited, but it also scary to go back tot school after 3 years. My class is more than four hundred students, but we’re subdivided into groups of about 40 students. I have all my classes with the kids in my group and then one other group. So, basically I spend all my time with roughly 75 people and I won’t especially get to know the other people in my class until next year. That would be fine if all the men in my class weren’t so bizarre. Okay, a few of them are totally normal, but the rest are freaks of nature.

I don’t go to school to look cute. Some of the girls in my class wear more make-up than I muster up on Saturday nights. That’s weird, but whatever. I can understand it if they are trying to make sex connections with the boys. But, that leads to the larger question of who (in the name of God) would have sex with these boys?

First, there is Physics Loser. I am assigned to sit next to him. Unlucky me! His hair is longer than mine and curly in a Kenny G. kind of way. He is nice enough, but totally bizarre. During a break we were playing Family Feud on someone’s computer. It was fun, but Physics Loser was annoyed that I kept giving better answers than him. So he exclaimed, “Damn you Cynthia, damn you.” I know he was trying to be funny, but it just came off as weird. He also wears t-shirts tucked into his jeans and wears a belt! Let’s not even address his white tennis shoes. He is funny and might be upgraded to dorky cute if he got a clue about social interactions. I want to save him!

Then there is Creepy Upperclassman. This is a funny story. When I went to buy my books a few weeks ago, I met him at the bookstore. He was clearly trying to flirt with me by making cheeky conversation about how I shouldn’t bother with buying some of the books. I just looked at him and said, “I’m not sure why you think I should listen to you, I don’t know if you’re a good student or not.” He laughed and wished me well. So, I saw him walking around campus and he came up to me and said that he remembered me from the bookstore. He kept giving me creepy eyes. I don’t even know what he’s thinking. I wear a ring on the third finger of my left hand. No, it is not a diamond ring, but if I was a guy and saw a woman wearing any ring on that finger I would move on. Who knows what he is thinking.

Most of the boys in my group look like frat rejects or Young Republicans. I’m (obviously) not looking to date any of these guys, but I don’t want to spend all of my time with freaky people. The girls in my group are so awesome. They are smart, funny and normal. What is wrong with the boys?

Okay, there is one cute guy. He is dorky cute and into music and has great stories. I like his attitude about school and he is personable. But, he is married. Otherwise I would try to hook him up with Sarah.

I’ve spent enough time in my life around freaky men; I don’t need another three years of that.

6 Comments:

At 8/26/2005 9:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, tell me about the weirdness of male law students =( Out of an incoming class of roughly 400, there was ONE single, attractive and semi-charming male law student. All the single female law students, myself included, stalked his slightest movements It was a sad, sad time.

-Katie

 
At 8/27/2005 2:19 AM, Blogger . said...

Keep your eyes out for boys for me, too! ;)

 
At 8/27/2005 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, and female law students are so hot and cool.

 
At 8/29/2005 6:39 PM, Blogger Le Synge Bleu said...

lets examine the situation here - how many nonfreak male lawyers do you know? right? clearly its a field that attracts weirdos or assholes...but only the men. i think its a compensation thing. (though i shouldn't say that because my gay boyfriend is preparing to take the lsat, and he's fabulous. - okay i ammend it to straight boy law students and lawyers)

 
At 8/30/2005 4:55 PM, Blogger Jennifer Simon, Esq. said...

Uggh!! Male law students...talk about a desert wasteland of useless pseudo-masculinity. I just graduated law school, and I can happilly say that I never dated a single man there...Not that law school provides much time for dating. Just be happy you are in NYC and not at Vermont Law or some other isolated hellspot.

 
At 12/03/2005 3:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh, I never make good first impressions. Fortunately, first impressions are usually easy to shake :D

--Ed

 

Post a Comment

<< Home