Saturday, August 27, 2005

It's Official: Chivalry not (entirely) dead

So I had an after-work drinks date tonight, with a gentleman I'll call 007. Met him on match.com--and he stood out before we met, because he didn't sound like a total nervous loser in his messages, just sounded calm and collected, and like he had a clue. And what a surprise! In person he does too! The Cleveland Park Men's Club would be proud. He insisted on holding doors open, paying for the check, and had even mastered the Walk Closest to the Street move that Jersey Shore Boy never quite got. A proper gentleman, indeed! He works on a trading floor and actually doesn't seem to be a total full-of-himself asshole. Or a cokehead, from what little I could tell. This is good!

Wow, I'd actually go on a 2nd date with this guy. If he asks. We'll see. I did my "nervous around new people" thing that I do (I'm out of practice, give me a break!), so I'm not sure that _I_ came off entirely well. I'm cautiously optimistic. We shall see!

Take that, MacB!

6 Comments:

At 8/27/2005 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe chivalry isn't dead, the only guys that do that for me, are really ugly. :)

 
At 8/27/2005 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you met someone you like! Keep us updated!

-Katie

 
At 8/27/2005 11:03 AM, Blogger Damn It Anyway said...

That's what...2 or 3 dates in one week?
Lucky girl, I know woman and men that would kill for so many options.

 
At 8/27/2005 1:32 PM, Blogger . said...

This guy is definitely not ugly. Not like a supermodel, but cute, not ugly. Only 5'11", though, but if that's the most I can complain about, well, than I should thank my lucky stars. We'll see if he calls.

2 dates this week. Low for me, actually. It's a numbers game, so I try to go on as many as possible...

 
At 8/29/2005 6:33 PM, Blogger Le Synge Bleu said...

i'm so sure you came across sparkling...out of practice or not. give yourself some credit - he's the schmucko if he can't see that. so there.

 
At 8/29/2005 11:57 PM, Blogger . said...

Thanks, Synge!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home