Monday, August 08, 2005

Waiting for the Phone to Ring....

Ug, I'm all annoyed right now. I guess I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I thought Cynthia and I were going to go to the gym, but of course, I can't wake up on my own, and most people have better things to do in the morning besides wake me up.

Basically, on Saturday I had a really romantic night with MacB. It was his birthday and after all his friends left we just held hands and walked around the city, talking and kissing as the mood struck us. For 5 hours! The sun was up when I got home, I had to put a sleeping mask on.

So, cuz he's sweet he called the next day, but during my show (did he do that so he wouldn't have to talk to me?). I called back, he didn't pick up, left a message. No call yet at this point.

Yes, I know he seems really into me, and whatever, but I guess I feel unsure about things. We have still yet to go out on an actual date, and between his busy schedule and mine, it looks unlikely that that's ever going to happen. Grrr. And I hate this waiting, waiting, waiting, hoping he'll call, obsessively checking my email, etc. My mental energy is totally focused on this and I can't think about anything else.

That's the one thing I miss about having a boyfriend. At least you (almost) always know where you stand--all that crap has been worked out already. Though the feelings that come with this whole new relationship stuff are great (the looking into each others eyes, the butterflies in the stomach, the thrill each time he reaches over to touch you), they also come with some not-so-great ones--uncertainty and doubt.

I've held off contacting any of my other boys--waiting for this to play out. Perhaps I should follow my own advice and go out on some other dates? At least I wouldn't feel so powerless. But with my show schedule, I don't have the time! Grrrrrrr.

3 Comments:

At 8/08/2005 3:40 PM, Blogger . said...

You did? I didn't realize I was so dead to the world. I purposely did not sleep in the nude so you'd be able to awaken me. Oh well.

I don't know, sometimes going out with other boys is at the least distracting. But I saved MacB's message, and listened to it again just now, and feel better. He sounds all cute and happy in it--I can't imagine things would have changed in less than 24 hours...

 
At 8/08/2005 3:48 PM, Blogger . said...

Kim, sometimes I think you give the opposite advice of Cynthia just to confuse me.

;)

 
At 8/09/2005 10:36 AM, Blogger . said...

Okay, the Prospect wants to go to dinner this week. That'll be distracting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home