Friday, August 05, 2005

Last Night for Sarah

I kissed hottie roommate last night. It's Kristin's fault for going to bed early and leaving us alone on her couch after we had been drinking. (I wonder if Kristin noticed that I was flirting with him at the bar?) I was buzzed and spent much of the night flirting with him in the hopes that he would kiss me. He didn't make a move though, even when we were alone on Kristin's couch. I fought the urge to make the first move and kept my hands to myself. Anyone who knows me, knows what an extraordinary task that is for me. I'm usually the one to make the first move, and I did it again last night. As he walked me to the door, I turned around and kissed him. In the middle of kissing him, I asked him if he was planning to kiss me. He said he was thinking about it. I pointed out that he was obviously thinking about it too long. He agreed.

Before I left, I expressed my desire to see him again and he gave me his number. I wish that part of the night never happened. Though I really liked kissing him and do want to see him and kiss him again, I don't think it's a good idea. The fact that he's just coming out of a failed marriage (a relationship that was supposed to last forever) scares me. On top of dealing with that, in a couple of months he's moving far, far away from NYC. And there is the fact that I am dating my ex at the moment and hottie roommate knows all about it. Dating hottie roommate will be tricky and in the end pointless. What I mean is that if we were to date, it would be a short-term affair, nothing serious. I am not sure I want to add another trivial relationship to my history of trivial relationship.

5 Comments:

At 8/05/2005 1:12 PM, Blogger . said...

I love how everything is always my fault!!

YES, I noticed you flirting with him! And he was flirting back! What was that whole lotion thing about, Huh? (Sarah was trying different lotions on and he was grabbing her arm smelling the different smells on her skin--since fragrance smells different on different people. But he was totally into it...)

Wait, he gave you HIS number? Did you give him yours? Oh, no. This is not how it's supposed to go (well, when does it ever go the way it's supposed to with you?)

What are you going to do?

 
At 8/05/2005 1:13 PM, Blogger . said...

Oh, no! I don't want to hear about sex with hottie roommate! And it would have to be in our apartment, since it can't be at your place, Sarah. Nonono!

 
At 8/05/2005 1:15 PM, Blogger . said...

Well, if you keep your ears open, you may not just hear ABOUT it, you may actually HEAR it.

 
At 8/05/2005 1:51 PM, Blogger . said...

OMG, I'm so appalled. Just appalled.

 
At 8/05/2005 3:36 PM, Blogger . said...

That's true. You'd be doing Hottie Roommate a service. And it's good, cuz you don't get super attached to people (except PHD of course) so you won't fall for him. We just need to make sure he doesn't fall for you!

But I do NOT want to hear you two having sex. It's funny, you're the only one of us that has NOT had sex in that apartment. Kim, Cynthia, and I all have. Ha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home