Monday, August 01, 2005

The Shape of the Prospect?

He called, of course. The rule is always that the guys you don't want to call do, and the ones you want to call don't. Why did she sleep with him again? It seemed like a good idea in the heat of the moment, but now she has to find a way to let him down. Preferably gently.

During the date, the Prospect spoke of other dates he'd been on. Why did it have to be all or nothing? he mused. Couldn't people be friends after a date, if the required romantic prerequisites were lacking? She supposed that they could. But would it be possible after a sexual encounter?

Our young heroine has plenty of friends, and good ones in Kim, Sarah, and Cynthia. She's not sure she needs many more. But the poor Prospect appears to be sorely lacking in the friend department. A part of her wants to adopt him, show him how to not be a loser (he's so CLOSE to being cool. But so not.). But isn't that what Rachel Weisz's
character did in that horrible movie? Would she truly be helping? Or just condescending to him? A dilemma to be sure. What's a girl to do?

2 Comments:

At 8/02/2005 12:29 AM, Blogger Lindsey said...

Kristin, thanks for checking out my blog. I totally agree with the whole kissing guys with facial hair. I was going to write that as my number one reason, but my ex-boyfriend (the guy that hurt to kiss because of facial hair) and my mother reads my blog, so I just thought it would be weird.

 
At 8/02/2005 11:56 AM, Blogger . said...

Haha. Yeah, this is my new "anonyblog"--I have another one that people I know read, I can't share the personal stuff there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home